Monday, January 30, 2017

Fancy Birdhouse


Good morning! I hope Monday is treating you well. We woke up to ice and snow, but not enough of it to keep us from going where we needed too, thankfully.  We live up on a hill in the woods and our gravel driveway is about a 1/4 mile long and goes up, up, up!  So when it snows a few inches or more, we are walking that driveway for a week or so, which isn't fun.  Especially when I have to drag a sled full of groceries up said driveway.  Not good folks, not good at all. 

While wandering through our local craft store the other day, I found this wood birdhouse and loved the shape and immediately pictured it covered in patterned paper.  I had a few sheets left from a paper pad I'd purchased awhile ago and thought the bright spring colors would be perfect to cover the house with.  So I brought it home, painted it white and covered it with the papers. I used an extra strength glue stick and so far it's worked well.  Then I embellished the house with pearls, buttons, flowers and some tiny gold leaves. I also added the words LOVE and CREATE to the side of the house, cut from the same paper pad.   The finished house is a burst of color in my craft room and I love it!

I hope you're staying warm wherever you are.  Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by.  ox

No comments:

Post a Comment