Wednesday, May 3, 2017

LGS Mom

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a great week, so far so good here.  The weather has been glorious and our yard is blooming, I love spring.

And for the May 1st sketch at LGS I did a Christmas layout, only because I used a photo of my mother sitting on Santa's lap, so I had no choice but to use Christmas papers.  I love how this layout came out, love the look of wonder on my mother's and that jacket she's wearing is the cutest!

Here's the sketch I followed...

 And here is the layout.  I chose festive papers and a plaid background to match the cute coat   I have another photo of my mother with Santa, she was a few years younger than she is here, and it turns out the man dressed in the Santa outfit is actually my father in law's grandfather.  How bizarre is that?  My hubby and I were connected years before we were born, if only for a brief moment.  :)
Enjoy the rest of your week and take care...  oxox

15 comments:

  1. Great)) Lovely Santa))) thank you so much for joining us at LGS:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this page came out so cool! What wonderful memories! thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous - and love the photo. Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super layout, love the fun Christmas elements! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful !!thank you so much for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Christmas layout, thanks for joining LGS this month

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this vintage photo, it's great with the modern papercollection you used. Thanks for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The look on the face of your Mum is priceless. The family connection is uncanny. Thanks for taking part in this challenge with us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun Christmas layout! Thanks fro playing along with us at Lets Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful take on the sketch, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page. Thanks for playing along at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely photo and page. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete