Saturday, July 22, 2017

It's been a while...

Hello, if there's anyone out there...lol...when kiddos are home from school, the computer is no longer mine and today is the first time in weeks I've had the chance to sit down and use it.  So, I thought I'd share a polymer clay project I've been working on during the day while the kids are on the computer! My daughter has had quite a few projects and papers she has had to complete for school, so the computer is no longer mine.

I liked the idea of making some tiles with scenes from the deep blue sea.  The one on the left is a sea turtle swimming in a dark sea (the sea wasn't intended to be dark, I burnt the piece...lol...oven was on 375 instead of 275.  So I improvised and painted a few things to look as though it was meant to be dark.  Not bad, but not what I reallywanted)  The other is my attempt at a jellyfish.

 Below is Billie the baby whale swimming in a sparkly sea.  I love working with the clay, so much fun and so rewarding when the piece is finished.  :)
I hope everyone is having an enjoyable summer, so far we're beating the heat and keeping busy.  School starts in three weeks!  I'll have a senior, a fourth grader and a junior in college (that last one is killing me! ha)  Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment