Friday, March 3, 2017

Clay Charms


Happy Friday all! I hope you had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend.  I am very much looking forward to the weekend because my son is coming home from college for a few days to visit.  His visits are few and far between, so we take them when we can get them!

Yesterday I broke out the polymer clay again and made a few charms that I'll string from black cord at some point.  My favorite of the five is the large circle at the bottom.  I rolled out some white clay, pressed various sized circles and leaves onto the clay then gently rolled over the clay with an acrylic roller until all the colors were pressed into the clay.  Then I cut it with a circle cutter.  I did the same with the heart and the black, red and white piece.  The black and gold wreath was easy too.  I just rolled out some clay, made some shapes and leaves, pressed them into the clay then baked the clay.  Once cooled, I smeared clear embossing ink onto the raised parts of the pendant then brushed gold pigment powder onto the clay.  I sprayed it with a light coating of sealant to keep the powder from rubbing off.

I am really enjoying working with polymer clay and see many more charms in my future.  Maybe I should start wearing them at some point...ha!

Enjoy your weekend!  ox

No comments:

Post a Comment