Friday, February 10, 2017

Cinnamon Goodness

Happy Friday everyone.  I'm looking forward to this weekend, I hope you are too.  We are celebrating my son's 9th birthday at the movie theater.  He and his friends wanted to see the Lego Batman movie, so that's our plan and then later in the day, me and my friends are going to see 50 Shades Darker.  I'm a huge fan of Jamie Dornan and love him in any movie he is in, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie. 

And here's a little eye candy for you.  ;)



Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I always enjoy baking a sweet treat for the kids, but one of my kiddos won't be here because he's at college, so I like to send him a care package and this year I've decided to make Snickerdoodles, his favorite cookie.  The recipe I have is the best Snickerdoodle recipe I've ever come across.  They are so easy to make and turn out soft and super delicious.

Here are the cookies...

Don't they look delish?  It's seriously taking all my willpower right now not to eat every single one but I can't because Ben knows they are coming, so I'll have to refrain.  :)  He'd be pretty disappointed if he didn't get his cookies.

Here's the recipe:

1 cup of butter
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cream of tarter
3 tablespoons of sugar and 3 teaspoons of cinnamon to roll the dough balls in

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix butter, sugar and eggs until combined
Combine flour, cream of tarter, salt and baking powder in a bowl, combine well, add to butter mixture.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough into your hand and roll into a nice neat ball then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Place on the cookie sheet and press slightly with the palm of your hand so they are flattened but not completely flat.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, cool on a wire rack.

If you try these, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.  I've tried a few other Snickerdoodle recipes but the cookies always dried out after a day or so, but these don't.  They are good for a few days in an airtight container so they are perfect for shipping to my boy. He's only two hours away, so it doesn't take long for him to get his mail.  He'll be mighty happy to see these!

Enjoy your weekend everyone and thanks for dropping by~!  ox

No comments:

Post a Comment