Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Let's Get Sketchy

Hi there.  It's been awhile since I've played along with a sketch challenge site because I haven't had a blog in a long time, but now that I am blogging again, it's time to get caught up and start playing along.

Let's Get Sketchy is a great challenge blog with amazing sketches.  A few years ago, I was on the LGS design team and because of that experience, I've made lifelong friends that I still connect with everyday on Facebook.  We've been through a lot together and I am very grateful for their friendships.

This week's sketch has a mood board to go with it.  Here's the sketch:

 And here is the mood board.  Lot's of pretty pinks, reds, whites and a touches of green. 
 And here is my layout.  This photo is one of my daughter's favorites from Homecoming this year.  She loves how patient her boyfriend is being while she tries to get that flower pinned on just right.  It took a few minutes but she finally got it. 

I'll admit this layout was a bit of a challenge because I don't usually work with the color pink, but I did have enough of it in my stash to complete the page and I really like how it turned out.  I may have changed my mind about pink.  :)
If you want to play along with LGS, just log onto www.letsgetsketchy.blogspot.com. 

Thanks for looking!  ox

17 comments:

  1. Laurie---glad you are back to blogging/scrapping challenges! LOVE LOVE LOVE the page--I can see why you were part of this team! Thanks for joining in!-you got to this one fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie.....how lovely is this!! U inspired me wth this one. Wl join in challenge and hv some fun ((LOVE N HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its beautiful! I think you did an awesome job on the challenge. thanks so much for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love your take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!Love what you did with the sketch!Thanks for join with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!
    Thanks for joy ing us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see you blogging again, you haven't lost your creative touch and your layout is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing it with us @LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful take on the challenge and i love the photo so much. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful take on the sketch,thanks for playing along with Let's Get Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing take on the sketch....Love it!! Thanks for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete