Monday, February 20, 2017

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hi everyone.  I was in the mood for cookies over the weekend, so I made some and thought I would share this recipe with you.  These chocolate chip cookies are my favorite of all time.  They are huge, soft and so, so yummy. 

I was watching Tricia Yearwood's Food Network show one morning and she made these cookies and the recipe was a bit different from the traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe that is found on the back of bags of chocolate chips, so I thought I'd try these and I haven't gone back since.  They are that good.

Here's the recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 1/3 sticks of butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups of sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda and salt.  Add these to the flour and sift all three together.
One cup or so of chocolate chips. (Depending on how much you like).

Cream the room temperature butter until creamy, then add your sugars, egg and vanilla.  Add the flour mixture last and then add the chocolate chips.  Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet.  I usually put six per a large cookie sheet because these cookies spread out and are big once baked.  Because they are big, they take a bit longer to bake, around 15 minutes.  Just watch them, when they turn slightly golden on top, they are done.  Once placed on a cooling rack, they tend to cook a bit more, so don't eat them until they are completely cooled.  A cookie doesn't reach it's full texture until cooled.  I know it's hard to wait, but it's worth it!

I hope you like these if you try them, they disappear in our house.   This recipe makes about 14 cookies, so double it if you need more.  :)

Take care. ox

No comments:

Post a Comment