Thursday, February 23, 2017

Wearable Clay


Hello there.  Today I wanted to share with you some Polymer clay jewelry that I've been working on over the past week.  I am totally obsessed with this stuff, there's so much you can do with it! 

The heart on the top was the easiest of the three pendants.  I simply used a small cookie cutter to cut out a heart from some red clay that I rolled out, then I stamped the clay with a rubber stamped image of a swirl.  I baked the clay, then rubbed a little clear pigment ink over the raised portion of the heart once it was cooled, then brushed some gold pigment powder over the heart.  Lastly, I sprayed it with some clear spray to seal the powder. 

The black and white rose pendant is simply black and white clay that I rolled together then swirled around until I liked the way it looked, then I rolled it out and used a cutter to cut out the teardrop shape.  I created the rose with tiny cut out circles then attached it to the pendant along with some leaves.  Again I gave this one some shine with clear spray.

The last pendant, which is my fave of the three, consists of a circle cut from rolled out black clay and then I decorated it with strips of green and blue clay then added leaves and flowers.  This one I've worn a few times and every time I get a compliment on it.

I'm really enjoying working with the clay and can't wait to try new things.  I think I like jewelry better than animals, working in 3-D is a bit tough, but I'll keep at it.

Enjoy the rest of your week.  Take care.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment